» Don't have a website? This is why you need one!
Don't have a website? This is why you need one!
When a new visitor lands on your website they have a purpose. They have a want. A need even. And that want needs to be fulfilled. They have landed on your website as they believe you can fulfil their need.
For every visit is the equivalent of a new customer walking into your physical store and your website is the instant salesperson attending to their needs, their questions and ultimately lining up a new sale or order.
For this reason alone, EVERY business needs a website. And every website MUST be able to do and say everything that you could tell them, everything you could show them and every process you could guide them through as if they were face-to-face with you in store. Your website then becomes another you. Yes - that one thing every business owners wants, needs but can never find! And best of all, your website can handle multiple customers, from all over the world and ALL AT THE SAME TIME! If you could personally deal with 10, 20, 100 customers at the same time would you generate 100 new orders? If the answer is yes, then we need to harness you into a digital online form and that form needs to be YOUR website!
As a retailer or shop owner, you need a website for the following reasons:
- A website can help you to develop a new avenue to sell your products online.
- You may use the website as a retail outlet without actually spending on establishment or salaries of storefront salespersons etc.
- The website can help your target market to get information on what you sell and may order things onlines.
- You may reach a bigger audience than what you would have received by starting a fixed retail outlet. You actually overcome geographical barriers.
- Depending on your product line, you may even eliminate inventory cost.
- When a prospective buyer walks onto the high street or retail outlet, your competitors work hard to get them. However, you have no competitors once they reach your website. Thus there are high chances of a better conversion ratio, more sales and more profits.
- More importantly, you need a website because your competitors have one!
As a company or organisation, you need a website for the following reasons:
- You may use the website as a comprehensive platform to showcase your products or services. The target audience can refer to your website for more information on your product or services.
- Brand/product promotion: Good branding does not mean that you must follow traditional media. Your website can be a great platform to promote your brand. This is especially true for small businesses. And that's not all, you can actually save a lot of money by updating new product information online rather than reprinting brochure or product catalogues.
- Reaching out to target audiences as and when they want: What do you do when you need something? Don't you Google it even if it's midnight? Your website can do the same for your target audience.
- Clear articulation and better communication: No other media provides so much flexibility as the Internet. You can use videos for product demonstrations or virtual tours, text to highlight salient points, images to show the products in use, interactive charts to engage the user etc. All you need is to plan it properly.
- Better customer satisfaction by listening to them: You need a website if you want to listen to customer feedback. Your website can offer you a huge amount of data on what the target audience needs and depending on that, you can improve your products, services or even your business plan.
- Direct relationship with clients: You can actually directly communicate with your target audience via your web interface and improve your relationship with the end-users.
- Nothing is lost: In the real world, if someone appreciates your product or service, you can not normally store it to show other people. But you can actually showcase them in your website to attract more clients. Apart from that, you can also showcase product reviews completed by real people in different social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instragram etc. Testimonials from real people do wonders for business!
- Your Personal Channel: Often overlooked, but you need a website if you need a channel to fight against negative feedback about your company, its products or services. This can actually help you to actively communicate with your target market.
- You need a website if you want to capitalise on word-of-mouth promotion of your products and services by your existing clients. Remember that bees attract bees!
- Using free email address services like email@example.com does not make your business look very professional. Develop your business credibility with email addresses at your domain name such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are an ideas person, you need a platform to spread the message across the world. A blog as part of your website is a great place to start and when linked into your social media accounts will naturally drive new traffic to your website too!
- Enjoy a captive audience: If there is an opportunity for your business to sell multiple products or upgraded versions to the same client; you need a website and improve your customer retention.
- Knowledge Base: You may use the website as a knowledge base to keep your customers updated about your products and/or services, as a user manual or a how-to-guide. It can act as a great resource for your clients.
- Supply Chain Management and Tracking: You need a website if you want your clients to track their order status or if you want to manage your inventory and/or supply chain.
- Online/Offline Marketing Mix: Do you run flyer, brochure, leaflet or other print/visual advertising campaigns? What about those interested people who could not visit your store due to distance or time constraints? You need a website to convert those interested prospects.
- Reputation Management: not having a website does not mean that people are not talking about your business at different blogs, forums or on social media. You need a website to accumulate them or to answer to the negative comments or feedback. This can be a great PR tool.
- Presale your products: If you have a ready audience/community around your website, you can actually pre-sale new products or services or get valuable feedback before mass-scale launches.
Not yet convinced about why you need a website?
- Normally an offline business cannot offer services around the clock. But if you have a website your products and services can be accessed 24/7. Your company actually works when you are sleeping.
- Your target market IS looking for your products and services online. If you do not have a website, you are losing them.
- You already have enough work? You don't want to expand or develop your business? Will this last? You can be certain that customers WILL be enticed by your competitors and new prospects WILL go to those that take the time to service their needs online in the first instance.